Friday, November 12, 2010

More Sketches

The first two drawings are master copies I did on another visit to the TMA. Lately, I have been trying to work more quickly and simply. My goal has been to represent the subject accurately while using the fewest marks necessary in order to avoid overworking the drawing or painting. Unfortunately, accuracy was sacrificed for speed somewhat and the poor girl in the first drawing ended up with a sour expression that was not present in the original, The Artist's Daughter by Frank Von Stuck.


The next drawing is of a terra cotta bust titled The Painter Noel Nicolas Coypel, by Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne.


These last two were done from live models with my Thursday night figure drawing group.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the second one Jodi. The first one is a little scary. I feel like when I look at her I am about to get in trouble for something I didn't do.

    P.S. I have started a second blog. It is dedicated to all manner of sleepy things. it can found at sleepybrains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete